Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tour Of The Universe - Except Asia Pacific - Part 1.


Above: Marky and Peter upon Peter's arrival. Below: Peter drinking wine out of a paper cup upon his arrival at my suite.

Below: Tamara arriving - after a 24 hour flight - a tired baby.


Below: The Coyote relaxing in the some what "duluxe" suite. Okay okay it just had views to the Hollywood sign but no mini bar - k.

Below: Our home away from home The Wilshire Plaza Hotel -LA

Below: Wow and we found this really great resturant up the road you should try it - its called Denny's.

Most people who are involved heavily in a religion go on pilgrimages, I am one of them. My religion is the house of Depeche with my God Dave and the Arch Angel Martin with Fletch taking the position of Minister for jumping up and down and not actually playing anything whilst on stage.

So as with every other tour I have packed up and headed to Mecca or its DM alternative the USA. Last tour I chose to go to New York, frankly my town of choice but this time I thought I would go to LA as I can normally get myself into all kinds of trouble in that town, and frankly I am not Robinson Crusoe on that front. So the choice was made – LA Or Bust!

This time I managed yet again to convince people to come along with me and join the devotee’s in our trek to see God. Peter, Mark and Tamara all joined me and oh what fun we had. Firstly we all had to arrive, separately, which of course makes no sense since Mark, Peter and I were all coming from the same location but of course I got to LA first to make sure I got there with enough time to climatise.
Of course it was business class with Qantas all the way and I should have listened to the husband when he said the new in seat video means you no longer have to take anything with you on board other than your passport and ticket. Yes, yes so what if that is what he does for a job do I ever listen – no. Suffice to say I enjoyed at least 10 hours of non stop video action as its something I don’t always get time to do. I will in a later post have a laugh with you about the perchant for business passengers to wear the supplied Morrissey pj’s. Very funny and strange behaviour.

So I arrived in LA a few days before everyone else. Of course I don’t give a fuck what anyone says jet lag is the worst form of torture and I just like to get to the hotel, order room service, and then sleep it off and worry about the time later. So that is what I did.

After two days of eating and sleeping Marky was the first to arrive. Of course he pretty much did what I did and slept all day. The next cab off the rank was Peter who arrived a few hours before Tamara. Finally we were all together, and as you can see by the arrival photos, tired but excited. So we then had a few days to go shopping and begin having fun before our first of three shows. Stay tuned boppers.

No comments: