Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Talkin Bout My Generation


Yesterday was the anniversary of the death of Keith Moon. He would be 63 if he were alive today. Suffice to say the toilets of the world breathed a collective sigh of relieve when old Keith went to God, as did many a hotel manager where he blew the toilets into a million pieces with dynamite. In the end he was banned from the Holiday Inn, The Sheraton, and the Waldorf and many other hotels in-between. Frankly if I were that famous and rich I would most definitely chuck a few sticks of dynamite down the dunny to see what effect it would have, and don’t get me started on how many tellies I would chuck out the window, or into the pool or possibly off the balcony.


Strangely in the end Keith was the only baby boomer in “The Who” with whom lived up to their much sold prophecy, “My Generation” you know the old lyric “Hope I die before I get old”. Well frankly as far as the baby boomers are concerned, and you do know how I love to bitch about what self indulgent wankers they can be not to mention how they love to live in the past and spend everyone’s money and then blame everyone else but themselves leaving them now with no retirement money and everyone else having to foot the bill because the stupid twats seemed to think the 60’s would last forever and they may in fact “die before they get old”. Well, well, well you bunch of gooses now that you are in fact “old” you have no money and the sad fact that you have to re-live the past by watching a bunch of old men trying in vain to smash up their instruments on stage with the greatest of care so as not to end up requiring a hip replacement afterward.


Still I should shut up since Gen X came up with the lovely line “No future, No future, For Me. Thanks Sex Pistols perhaps you may have summed it up nicely, or perhaps you were talking about the Baby Boomers?

No comments: