Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Marilyn - "Your so pretty oh so pretty - Vacant"

Like a road accident you just have to turn around and look at I recently got the song "Calling Your Name" by Marilyn into my head courtesy of my friend Rosanna's blog because she had listed tracks she played while deejaying recently at a party. So I You Tubed it.
then of course I started watching videos of interviews with Marilyn and Boy George and frankly I then spent more time than necessary and finally watched a five part documentary
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=m_-pR9fowzE with a barely recognizable Marilyn who now lives with his mother as a hermit in London. Oh and he sure ain't so pretty these days. Its a pity because I loved the whole Steve Strange, Boy George and Marilyn New Romantic thing. It was fantastic, and the next opportunity I get I'm going to wear my makeup a la Boy George, if it kills me. I have no doubt Steve Strange would never have let me in to the Blitz, but fuck him because I stood next to Leigh Bowery at the Freezer in London so there. I loved Leigh the most, he was absolutely the best thing ever I always think of his line "Wear it like your life depends on it" and that is how I sometimes walk out of the house dolled up because I wonder what Leigh would think of me being a "normal", I think he would be horrified. So there is no doubt after watching this doco that I will definitely use Steve Strange's line "All the right people are here" at some party in the near future. If I ever get invited to one again.

1 comment:

australianrozie said...

Hello,
I am here, your blog is in my Google Reader so I always keep up-to-date with my friends' blogs. And stop calling me Rosanna!