Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Lynda Wolstenholme Strikes Again

A little while ago I mentioned to you the girl in my University class who reminded me of a girl in my highschool Home Economics class. If you didn't read that post here is a re-cap. Always on time, always eager and ready to shoot that hand in the air and wave at the teacher like she just don't care. Generally with long laborious questions which are really really futile and at times bordering on 5th class stuff. Well tonight she excelled herself on the stupid "o" meter. In fact I wanted to piss myself but it may have run down my leg like a torrent and caused me no end of bother since this happened at the start of the night.
The lecturer began our class tonight discussing the different types of ways in which adults learn. There is one group who easily digest subject matter when discussed in group work, better known as a tutorial type situation, whilst others who loath talking to the others in class and would rather focus on the lecturer for a whole two hours, take notes and go home and digest the information in their own way. No sooner had the lecturer began her explanation of these two very distinct types of learning that adults tend to gravitate toward in one form or another than my Lynda Wolstenholme shot that arm up into the air. The lecturer who has obviously become frustrated with her continued questioning on everything quickly nodded in her direction and said "Wait a minute for questions" perhaps like me she was hoping old LW would have her question answered by the time she had finished what she had to say on the topic. No such luck. LW waited till the lecturer had time to pause and shot that arm straight back up.
Her question was, "So what are you if you are somewhere in the middle of these two types of learning". The lecturer waited a moment, smiled and retorted "Uhh then you are someone who is somewhere in the middle of these two types of learning". Frankly at that point I wanted to chortle loudly, fortunately I didn't because I feel there would have been no stopping a snort kick back.

No comments: