Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hush Puppies: My Decline Into Fashionata Hell

Today I had a moment to go and try and find myself a pair of new shoes that I am desperately in need of. I even thought I might pick up multiple pairs if a few took my fancy. Many years ago I would never ever even half contemplated getting anything other than a pair of six to eight inch heeled shoes. I worked in heels, I went out in heels and I swore to never give in to any pesky feet complaints. It didn't take much over the age of 30 to convince my aching feet that a pair of well proportioned smaller court heels may have been more appropriate. Still I refused to budge. Till I slipped my tootsies into a pair of well fitted soft leather Hush Puppies. Whilst in some kind of fashion coma I secretly purchased them and would mince around at home with them on promising to never leave the confines of my front gate. But of course they begged to be taken to the shops, then further afield and eventually I was wearing them to work and other social gatherings. Of course I still wore ridiculous heels where I could but I longed for the comfort and undeniable walking pleasure of the Hush Puppy. So today I ventured into a shoe megastore with hundreds of pairs of shoes all lined up and ready for the taking. I tried lots of very ridiculous high heels, then headed to the Hush Puppy section. Thankfully they didn't have my size and I walked away with a breath of dignity intact, I had avoided the lure and appeal of the Hush Puppy. Whilst I know with what I have just confessed this next statement will seem like an outright lie but I totally and completely draw the line at "The Croc". Under no circumstances unless you are a fishermen should you ever be caught dead in them. Ever. The type of people who wear them with socks should be rounded up with those who put frangapani's on their car's and taken to a very very far off distant planet and expelled from our society. So one last time for the dummies, they are fucken fishing shoes people.

No comments: