Sunday, October 12, 2008

DM Husband or What Goes On Tour, Stay's On Tour


In December 2005 myself and the "other" Jodie, no not one of my other personalities but my friend Jodie R, went on a little trip to New York to see Depeche Mode. The "other" Jodie had no idea who Depeche Mode were, in fact she was dragged to the U.S by my good self because nobody else could either afford to go or be bothered to watch me fall about the place screaming and crying through an entire concert, in fact she actually put up with screaming and crying through two concerts on consecutive nights at Madison Square Garden. She was a trooper throughout the process and I think I may have ended up converting her, but I won't bet on it, mind you she did end up knowing plenty of lyrics of DM's back catalogue by the time we were done. As I wasn't expecting anyone to come with me, since I have travelled to see them in the past overseas on my own I got on the DMMB (Depeche Mode Message Board) in order to talk to other fans who were going to the concerts as I have done previously so I could meet up with other like minded others either before or after the shows. As Jodie was on board to come I kind of thought it wasn't as important to meet anyone. Still a time, club and date were set for anyone wanting to meet up from the nerd board in NY on the evening of the first concert. I was skeptical, generally the people who get on the nerd box are just that, ugly nerds with no life. I had cause to worry since I went over to L.A in 2003 to see Dave Gahan's solo tour and after one of the shows went to a Hollywood 80's club trying to find the nerd herd. I didn't end up meeting anyone I wanted to stand chatting with for more than four seconds so I was forced to dance around my own hand bag and get my own drinks, then return to my own lonely little hotel room and dream of Dave, then do it all again for two more nights. So on this occasion in N.Y I thought we would drop in, check the crowd out from afar and then split. Strangely U.S crowds for DM are peculiar in the fact they are just "normal" everyday Americans who happen to be into DM, unlike German fans who are known as the "Black Swarm" due to their perchanent for wearing the goth uniform. So we rocked up to the venue, sauntered in, and I met my DM Husband. He is a shockingly good looking Scottish lad who has a resemblance to Dave, always a winner for me and had a fabulous accent and a cute brother to boot and they both wore skirts. Could it have got any better. From that point on we connected on a DM level and we also partied like it was 1999. Jodie and I had the time of our lives and we danced, sung and swung our hand bags around like lunatics. After we returned home I kept contact with my find of a skirt wearing man for many a reason not least of which "easy entry point due to skirt" and have had a great online typing relationship ever since. Needless to say we will be hooking up again. Strangely if I wasnt already married I would be very much trying to impress this man with as much charm as I could muster and if that failed of course I would stick to old faithful, flash me tits, it's an oldie but a goodie.

No comments: