Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Myself and Paul

The other night I had a dream that I was sitting at a big board room table having a one on one conversation with Paul McCartney. I can not recall if I was telling him that Wings may not have been the best band in the world or that "Say Say Say" was probably not lyrical genius, but I do remember I had a very old wonderful looking leather bound old book in my hands and I asked him if he wouldn't mind signing it for me. He seemed quite happy about signing it and this surprised me as I felt awkward asking him to. So I slid the book over and he opened it up with a certain amount of excitement at my asking him to inscribe it with my name. In my mind I was hoping it would be brilliant and I could fob it off to some lonely fan with money to burn. After he joyfully wrote something down he slid the book back to me and it read; "To Jodie, You are the biggest bullshit artist I have ever known, Love Paul McCartney." At that point I woke up, laughing I might add. The best part about this dream was the fact that it was in fact a dream and that subconsciously I have called myself a bullshit artist. What a classic for someone who never lets the truth get in the way of a good story. I love the way the mind works and at times even my own. One for the classic file me thinks.

No comments: