Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Love Technology

I always dreamt of a day when you could talk on a phone that was not fixed to a wall. I also dreamt of the day that you didn't have to talk on the phone that was fixed on the wall whilst the entire family sat behind you listening to every word you said. Now you don't even have to talk, you can text, or one step even better send a photo of yourself on the toilet whilst reading the latest news on your phone and working out your GPS position. I love that my phone can tell me exactly what location I am at and how to get home if need be. I especially love it when you are millions of miles away from home and can get information about where to get milk and bread and some nice person has even posted a review on the small store you are venturing into in Ventura. It is nothing short of brilliant. I know people often say that the next generation will not understand what it was like to "not" receive a phone call but I doubt they will understand. I of course can remember a dark time when if you were waiting on a boy to call you would forgo leaving the house altogether and the cord to the telephone didn't reach the bathroom so you dare not not even take a shower for fear of missing the call. So no they wont understand and don't even get me started on taking your film to the chemist and waiting a week to get it back. Of course when you did get it back your 12 photos that you paid big bucks for all have stickers on them telling you "over exposed" like the black piece of photo paper didn't already let you know that. So cheers to all the nerds who make technology, I love yous all.