Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Follow Your Convictions

Yes these are wise words, "Follow Your Convictions" and they are wonderful if it not for whence they came. The other day I was walking past a salubrious jewelers when I saw a rather large picture of my one true love, Bob Geldof. I have loved Bob since I was a little girl. Initially I trotted past the store half not thinking what I had just seen was for real only to toddle back and find that in fact, yes there he was, my pin up boy Bob. I was slightly confused, in fact no I was completed fucking confused, Bob, my Bob, a pin up poster boy for Maurice Lacroix watches?, get outta here!. So I stood and let Bob's wonderful face wash over me as I read the blurb and contemplated the inexcusable price tag of a watch. Anyway I was a bit peeved over the whole thing, I have to say at the out set though that I loved Bob long before he ever did Live Aid and frankly that has never really done it for me, well it did but not because he set the whole thing up that was just just the plum really but I have always loved him for his music, yes that is right his music. I have stood at every show he has ever done in Sydney, myself and the other three fans he has here. I have stood at the Three weeds in Sydney on many occasions when nobody gave a fuck and I have crouched at his feet at the Seymour Centre when my seat was taken from me by a rather unrepentant door bitch and I have not cared that only myself and the other three were the only ones paying attention at his show at the Enmore Theatre so I think I have done my dues when it comes to Bob. So selling watches was something I never thought I would see him do but then I guess when four people are the only ones showing up to your shows then I guess a boy's gotta eat. So yes I am miffed that he appeared to be selling out but then after reading the blurb on why he was chosen because he is inspiring people to be who they want to be I thought it was brilliant. So yes Bob you have always inspired me to be who I want to be and perhaps one day an expensive time piece with the inscription, "be who you want to be" could be just what I need.

No comments: