Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Aldi Alert!! Aldi Alert

This week Aldi has outdone themselves even by my estimates. This week you can get your milk and bread and then drop a Cement Mixer into your trolley. That's right a CEMENT MIXER. I mean its a steal at only $329 for a 120L drum capacity, 450W motor, with unmixed dry capacity of 85L. It has a cast iron gear, with dual handle design, in a solid steel construction and the best part, its easily assembled. It even has a one year warranty. So you can now do all your own concreting around the home or office which is perfect for that new driveway you have been dreaming of. Or when you get more established in your concreting skills you can always put in a few new walls. If you make a mistake don't panic Aldi has thought of everything with a 1500W Jackhammer on sale for a mere $229. It is touted as an electronic demolition jackhammer with an impact rate of 900-1800bpm with an output power of 25 joules. It is shock resistant with a D-shaped handle it includes flat, point chisels and grease and it also has the advantage of a one year warranty. So if you are worried that concreting and demolition may be a little on the boring side don't fret pet because whilst you are hammering and concreting your way into a new pool or in law accommodation you can blast your troubles away with the Tradesman Heavy Duty Radio. It is cheap at only $39.99 and what a great addition to your cement mixer and jackhammer and something no true tradie should be without. It has an AM/FM radio with a rotary volume control, carrying handle and waterproof 3W speaker output with AC/DC operation. Sadly Aldi are not selling Blue Cattle Dogs or Singlets but you could always source these items yourself if you manage to not burn the skin off your hands and body using lime, please note lime melts skin, k. So get cracking and you could be keeping your dream alive thanks to Aldi.

2 comments:

australianrozie said...

Thanks for the tip about the cement mixers. My dad still goes on about how 15 years ago someone borrowed his cement mixer and never gave it back. My dad used to do awesome concreting at our old house in Northmead, he'd even write our names and the date in the borders. Sometimes, I think I should go to the old house and ask if I can look at my name in the driveway.

Chris said...

I've only been to Aldi once. I don't suppose I should have been scared, but I was with the Bunny Boiler, so perhaps the evil vibes I was subconsciously detecting were setting me off...
While it was a tough audience (money in the trolley? Love this! But they have to be able to give you change...They should do this at Broadway. Not a show - money for trolleys in my local SC - keep them off my street...)
The barcode scanner operating employee was so fast, I asked her if she was a robot. She laughed...proof positive! Then I left with my cheap products with vaguely familiarly designed packaging...
Perhaps, Ms Coyote, you can give me a thorough working-in?