Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Oh Iva One Year On And I Still Love You"

It was a year ago yesterday that I interviewed Iva Davies from Icehouse for WSFM. I pretty much made a total goose of myself that day, from gushing to tears to out pourings of love and so much verbal spewing from me that I am sure he was glad to leave the studio. My finest moments were when I began sweating profusely and dripping it all over him, walking toward him at Fox Studios in a pair of ridiculous hot pink metallic high heeled stilettos that were killing me thus making me walk like I had just got out of rehab from a major car accident and ending it all with the most wet fish hug and kiss at the end of our meeting on record. It was so bad we both laughed and did it for real the second time and made a right go of hugging each other. It was a surreal experience on the most part, and I don't ever want to hear that interview ever ever again, I know I made him laugh but frankly meeting your music God is never a good thing. Still he sent me a CD and a lovely note and yes I sniffed the Australia post packaging because it smelt like him and surprisingly he had gone to the Post Office to send something to me. If only I had known all those years ago Iva Davies would pop off down the post office to send something to me I may not have spent so many hours in my darkened bedroom listening to his music and musing about how depressing my teenage years were. If only I knew I would hold his hand one day and give him a sweaty hug and act like someone who had just free based an ounce of crack.

No comments: