Wednesday, March 4, 2009

It's Just Too Wrong

In answer to Chris's comment about the new Depeche Mode video "Wrong". I just went and checked the video link via You Tube and it appears they have stopped certain "regions" from viewing the video. I then went and checked the official Depeche Mode message boards for any reasons and couldn't find anything. I am guessing the video contained offensive material and may have been taken down for this reason. I thought the Internet was freely available no matter what the content or country - except China of course. So I will try and find out why we are unable to view the new video clip via either You Tube or their official website. The fact it has been taken down from their website makes me think it may be due to the offensive nature of the clip and it may need to be censored for certain countries by the relevant censorship boards. In any case I loved the clip, but then anything Anton Corbin doesn't do for the band is a plus in my opinion. Yes the video is perverse and won't get aired on Video Hits on a Saturday morning but then again no serious DM fan would care less about seeing it on free to air TV anyway. So stay tuned boppers, stay tuned.