Monday, March 30, 2009

A Guy With A Guitar on His Head

Today I was coming back through the city after dropping someone at Kings Cross and I stopped for the lights at the corner of Pitt and Park Street in the City outside the McDonald's. Whilst stopped at the lights I noticed a curious looking busker who was playing an acoustic guitar with both hands whilst balancing a second acoustic guitar from its neck upwards to its body on the top of his head. How he managed to keep playing and get through for as long as he did with the guitar perched atop his head is beyond me and it didn't look like an optical illusion from where I was sitting.
The thing which struck me as most odd was the fact nobody walking past gave a shit. Of the hoardes who streamed past not one of them even turned around to get a second glimpse. I mean it could have been Joe Satriani sitting there strumming a guitar and not a cent would have been tossed his way, the fact that Joe Satriani would be playing a guitar and have one balanced on his head would be enough for me to hand him my house keys. So it just goes to prove to me that people en mass are not very observant. Though if you scream the words "Free" or "Hail Allah" then people often make haste in noticing you, or running away at the very least.
Note: If you don't know who Joe Satriani is then you obviously have never surfed with an alien. I on the other hand have been familiar with his greatness for many moons. See below for those not in the know. Your poor deprived guitar hero's.

4 comments:

kerry hodge said...

hey thanks for the comments on my act my name is kerry hodge and you can also see me on utube"sydney guitar trick sydney guitar trick3
it will lead you other links or you can read about me or hear me sing and down load my songs for free on www.artsconnect.com.au/kerryhodge
dingadee@hotmail.com

lrdoublek said...

I can vouch for Kerry. He uses no illusions. Take the time to listen to his songs. They are beautiful.

wally88 said...

i have known kerry hodge for years.. i beleive that people like him need to be reconised, for the time they are takin to perform for people in walking in the streets that just seem to be ignorant pigs.. i have a few favourite songs that i actually listen to at home, off one of many of his albums that he has recorded.. so i would like to thank u kerry for being such a wonderful and gifted performer an i do believe that people should show u and other buskers a little bit more attention :)

kerry hodge said...

thank irdoublek and wally88 It is people like you who keep me going
and i will keep it going as thats what i love to do all the best from kerry hodge