Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Sad Arsed Journo Calls Germaine And I Don't Mean Jackson

The integrity of journalists never seems to amaze me. When something happens in Australia they always seem to want to pick up the phone and get the opinion of ye olde Germaine Greer, who from her own mouth never wants to live or return to Australia and lives in London. I mean you can see what sort of a dickhead she is when she would give up her Australian paradise for cold dark days in the rain and sleet. Oh yes she is a bright one our Germaine. Frankly, Germain, Gough and Paul Keating should all be shipped to a very distant ice berg and let free of their burdens, minus a phone line. Why on earth do we give a flying fuck what she thinks. She is nothing more than a shrivelled up old "has been" who needs as one Australian can say to another, "A decent root". Last night I was sitting amongst a large bunch of 25 and unders at a lecture and they didn't know what the word "vaudeville" meant. So if they don't know what vaudeville is then they sure as hell won't know who Germaine Greer is. Is this a bad thing I ask myself. I dont know but to add salt into the wound they also had no idea what the Holocaust was. I kid you not. So the next time a so called journo calls on Germaine perhaps he should call Beyonc'e for her opinion because she is the only person Gen Y have any idea about.
"Darling Do You Love Me"
"Yeah what ever you say lady"

3 comments:

Chris said...

Actually, she spends several months a year on her property in Queensland restoring the native flora and fauna, is largely a history professor of prodigious output, and her comments on the bush fires - that government and its agencies are responsible insomuch as they have neglected a fundamental tenet of the Aussie bush, that of fire-as-renewer, and neglected the environmental burning that would have significantly reduced the available fuel, probably proves that she has a relevant point to make, and can articulate that point in a hilariously confronting way. She rocks!

jodiecoyote said...

I love you Chris, I do, and if I paid attention to your brilliant writing style then my marks would be higher so I will get a tee shirt printed with the words "I Luv Germaine"

Okay Okay I will write Germaine Greer on it so people don't think I am a crazed Jackson 5 fan.

Chris said...

How about "I luv the Greer-ster!"