Thursday, October 29, 2009

Songs To Screw With Your Mind at 3am

Whilst in LA recently and whilst actually venturing on Ventura Highway heading to Santa Barbara I was reminded of the "America" classic "Ventura Highway". Frankly once the song gets in your head its very very hard to get it back out - it can take days and in my case weeks. This then led me to thinking about another song that whenever I hear the word "Wildfire" I am reminded of this song which lurks in the recesses of my mind ready to pounce at any moment. Frankly they are both good tunes but bugger me if at 3am in the morning they don't come a callin. Oh and you will be surprised, especially since now I have suggested it, how many times you will hear the word "Wildfire" mentioned in the course of the next few weeks. Damn that lost fucken horse is what you will be thinking, as do I.

So here they are - to screw with your mind at 3am! Go on you know you want to!

Ventura Highway - America
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnhKcCwZwl8

Wildfire - Michael Martin Murphey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIkpqdjU-qo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have one thing to say.
"hammer time"
It has been with me for possibly a week and now even when we stop at a red light the kids are like "STOP its HAMMER time".

And a good oldie for you which I found fun to play a piano bar version (the only way it should be played) over the computer while talking to people I know whill be calling back later. Sure enough next time they call you just ask them to hangon for a minute and say noting and just listen they will unprovoked start whistling it.
"Girl from Ipanema"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9U6URQSF6U

jodiecoyote said...

You know I hate you - between running a sharp piece of paper under a person's nose and thinking it is funny to implode someones head with "Girl from Ipanema" I am at a loss to see how I ever became friends with a psychopath such as yourself. Thankfully you will always have Chris and he of course looks great in a pair of baggy duds and high top sneakers - I have the photographs!