Tuesday, April 7, 2009

High Tea

I went yesterday to the QVB for high tea. It was fantastic, little cakes, little sandwiches and vanilla tea. Lovely. I highly recommend it and will be venturing back there again soon. On the way out the other guests and myself went to the Body Shop. Frankly I have never understood how you can make so much money out of so little. If I were to open a shop and grate up some zucchini and carrot and mix it with something and sell it as face cream I darent say I would sell anything, but they have made a lucrative business out of selling fruit in a gel bag. I was also horrified at the prices, so much for going green to benefit your wallet more like spend spend spend girlfriend.
I have to admit I did fall for the the lip stain stuff, only because my friend works there and I get it for half price. Apparently it will stain my lips and therefore I will be able to use less chemical lipstick and so on and so fourth. Hilariously I put some on last night and I still have stained lips this morning. So who knows how long it will last for, perhaps it is the henna of the lipstick world. Or perhaps I will wait until I get cancer and blame it on the lipstick. It is kind of like the babies bottle world at the moment. I was told the other day by a very concerned looking new mother that I should immediately dispose of all Avent brand bottles. The reason was simple. They give your baby cancer.
Well bugger me if it is now so widespread that even babies sucking on a harmless bottle are in danger. I dutifully went home and prepared my babies Avent bottle, safe in the knowledge that my mobile phone, tv, radio, microwave and the big killer - aluminum foil all await her future of cancer dodging. Good luck humans, good luck.

No comments: