Monday, November 3, 2008

I love display homes and I just cant help it

God I love a display home. I just can’t help it. Ever since I was a kid I have loved a display home or in those days it was called an exhibition home. Due to the fact as kids we didn’t have a pot to piss in a Saturday afternoon of entertainment for us was to go to the local display home village on the outskirts of Sydney and dream away the hot sultry summer licking our way through a nice Mr Whippy ice cream from the Green sleeves van. Ahhh those were the days. Of course we would all say we would one day get one of those “display” homes when we won the lottery, which we never did. So home we would trot to the sealed in heat of our fibro home. What a total waste of human life fibro has been. Not only was it the worst type of material to build a home from due to the fact that the floor never seemed to meet the walls hence letting in the elements but plenty of good hard working blue collar men have died as a result of asbestos related dust disease from putting the shit together. So it may be this weekend that I venture to the display village to dream of my five bedroom home complete with four bathrooms, rumpus room, powder room, guest quarters, home theatrette and my favourite buzz phrase, “the parents retreat”. What ever the fuck that is. All I know is that when I win the lottery I’m gunna get me one of those dang things but preferably in a suburb where there is some degree of social order and a corner shop that sells wizz fizz.

No comments: