Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Satellite city

Did I miss the brief?  Was I asleep when certain areas of Sydney got gigantic satellites installed on their roofs, in their yards and on top of anywhere that can receive a signal?  You see I have started driving to my new job via streets that I was not so familiar with before.  Sure I had been through these town but certainly not on a regular basis.  Then I noticed them, not just one, but HEAPS and HEAPS of gigantic sized satellite dishes adorning peoples homes.
I was under the impression with the internet that there would be little to no need for any type of satellite dish bar the odd need to connect to pay television but that would only warrant a small dish if that.  So how is that I spot giant satellite dishes for the first time ever in increasing numbers?  Its times like these that I almost feel compelled to knock on peoples doors and inquire within.  Is it a new home fashion accessory? Surely not!  
So I will take a few photos and blog them and wait for people to tell me that I am the last to know that we have made contact with aliens and the only way to speak with them is by putting up a gigantic black satellite dish.  So if I did miss the brief can someone please send it to me I promise I will pay attention and read it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

in these times of many people moving here from overseas, it's shows from home that sucks them into putting these massive dishes up, I've been tempted myself, I still have a Humax Satellite set top box from when I lived in an apartment facing north, it can be pretty fun to see what shows you can watch..