Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Tyranny Of Time

Coyote txt msg to Jodie: I'm here, can't wait to see you!






Jodie txt msg to Coyote: Me too! See you soon miss. I'm coming from town hall on train.






Coyote txt msg to Jodie: Hurry!






Jodie txt msg to Coyote: I'm walking to Enmore Theatre, This is like a bloody first date!









And so it was that Jodie + Jodie = healed.









I never thought this day would come that I could actually say that I have finally healed a part of my past that I never thought I would, but I have. After posting my blog regarding my school friend Jodie we got in contact. We organised a night out and a rather big catch up. We starting talking at 6pm and did not stop until 3am and I have no doubt if we could have physically kept talking we would have.






It was like no time had come between us but it was glaringly obvious that it had. We are older and wiser and as I said on the night our sixteen year old selves would have been very pissed off that we no longer swing from the chandeliers. As we sat talking it was as though we were the only two people in the pub and eventually we were. The whole world stopped around us and we transported back to our old selves. Laugh, laugh and laugh some more the chortling must have been deafening for anyone seated around us but it was like our parents had gone out for the night and we transported back into the naughty little school girls that we once were.






I always knew that we would have lived one degree of separation away from each other all these years and we certainly did. Though I am left with little doubt that the wires that we crossed and the doors that closed in around us and our friendship were all due to one merciless and basic young and inexperienced fact. Emotional naivety.






So at one point we both had to go to the bathroom. As we stood dolling ourselves up about to depart the bathroom Jodie said "Wouldn't it be a blast if we opened up the door to the bathroom and we stepped back in time, transported back straight into a school dance.






In a way I truly wished that it had happened because there are two things I would have done;






1. Pashed Peter Kapusi on the dance floor.






2. Told Jodie that her friendship will always hold a very special place in my heart and even though we will be subject to the tyranny of time in our future eventually time will mean little and we will be friends for life.






The above is not necessarily in order of how I would execute them in my portal back in time but I can tell you I would not leave without doing both. So all there is left now is to play you a song.

1 comment:

Chris said...

A beautifully written moment of life. Was it the day after this that I got you out of bed?