Sunday, January 23, 2011

I'm Still Here

I know, I know still here! I have not been able to get the tech head to move my blog just yet of course in the world of the computer nerd other more interesting pursuits have taken a precedence you know important stuff like seeing Tron and playing online games so here I stay until I can get my website in order. In the meantime I have been filling my days with trips to the Sydney Museum where I saw the lovely Amelia who assures me she is looking in to getting me the memorabilia I desired from the recent exhibit at the Powerhouse. Actually she is looking into it lest I smash the case and take it and cause a public mischief. Whilst at the museum Peter and I saw the Edwardian Sydney Summer exhibit and it was quite good although whilst these people were swanning around having picnics and sunning themselves the other half of Sydney were dying of horrid diseases and sweltering in tin sheds.
I also managed to see the exhibit "Sin City" at the Justice and Police Museum, yet another fantastic exhibit that they should be proud of. It was great to see Elizabeth Burton in the interview they had about the Cross. I will be forever kicking myself for not really understanding when I was the subject "art" matter for Elvis Richardson's exhibit all those years ago that I would be alongside such well known and talented individuals such as Elizabeth Burton, all I can blame is my youth, but at least I managed to come up trumps on the opening night and hopefully the Sydney art community fell for my ramblings, at least I hope so.
So all and all a lot of fun and I even, gasp, caught the bus there! I know I couldn't believe it but yes I reverted to my youth and found that in fact there is a reason I no longer catch buses or public transport and that is mainly due to the fact that I always ring the bell too late and have to walk a million miles home from the bus stop. So the only time in the future you will see me at a bus stop is when I will be dancing to it. I don't have a luxury vehicle for nothin!

No comments: